Flint Jamison spent 20 years in aerospace as an engineer and program manager. He is now a full-time real estate investor. Flint moved quickly from his initial duplex and pivoted into syndications, where he does multifamily, fund management, and build-to-rent. Flint’s portfolio is currently around 1500 units
[00:01 – 01:39] Opening Segment
- We welcome, Flint Jamison!
- Learning about self-directs IRAs or solo 401Ks as a way to control money and grow it tax-free
[01:40 – 21:54] Exploring Build-To-Rent Property Exit Strategies
- Build-to-rent is a new asset class that is skyrocketing
- Millennials are in their peak family growth years and find it cheaper to rent than buy
- Builders have mostly stopped building starter homes due to low margins
- Exit strategies for build-to-rent properties include refinancing, selling off as bulk, or selling individual houses
- Capital raisers can work with experienced operators across multiple States and asset classes
[21:55 – 28:03] THE FINAL FOUR
- What’s the worst job that you ever had?
- Working as a dish cleaner
- What’s a book you’ve read that has given you a paradigm shift?
- “Go-Givers Sell More” by Bob Burg
- What is a skill or talent that you would like to learn?
- Learn how to do Sales and Marketing
- What does success mean to you?
- Flint Jamison says, “That financial freedom within five years or less are being totally work optional.”